Sunday, September 21, 2008

Dew Gatherer

Okay. I'm happy. Art app prof said to submit a painting then report about it in class. I found one, neoclassicism movement- since that's what I was assigned. I picked the Dew Gatherer from www.robertsherer.com. There. I think the reporting started Wednesday. I got lucky last Friday because ten people were called and I forgot to research on Dew Gatherer. I google-d it up last night and got a bit worried that there weren't any analysis. The painting isn't very famous. I don't know when Robert Sherer painted it. I found his email on his website.. So I emailed him. I asked for his permission and stuff then yeah, he allowed me and even sent me a copy of the Dew Gatherer. Oh diba? At least I won't be accused of violating copyrighted stuff. There.. So he told me the story behind Dew Gatherer.

It feels nice to present something in class. It's nice to report about something I gathered firsthand. :D I will print out his email and bring it to class on Wednesday.

So here it is.

Robert Sherer's Dew Gatherer. Oil on canvas. 1996.