Saturday, September 26, 2009

:(




Dear God,

At first I thought of how lucky I am that my house is located on a high area. As in, unaffected by flood. The only problem I had today was finding a way to evade the flood blocking our main road as you can see in the pictures. It wasn't a problem because there was an alternative road. It's really deep, approximately 5 feet. I don't know why there's a truck in the middle though. Maybe the driver thought the flood's shallow for the truck.. But hell. A TRUCK stuck in flood is wow for me. I've never seen something like that before.

But then my Mom's friend texted.. saying that THEIR WHOLE FIRST FLOOR is.. underwater. It's a problem because the water level's already creeping up their stairs. It worries Mom so much because there's a paralyzed patient there and she's too heavy to be carried. I texted some friends and they all have the same problem. This is not good.

I wish they could leave the place, I'd offer them a place to stay-- yeah, my house. I wish they all lived in an area like mine. I wish the drainage system there suddenly got thirsty and drank all the flood. I wish they'd keep safe. Especially that some of them live near the river. I wish there are lots of helicopters to evacuate the people stuck. I wish they'd take out their boats, life jackets, etc. I wish it isn't too dark tonight so that they'd be safe. I wish, for unselfish reasons..

.. that the rain would stop.

God, I am really beginning to think that the end of the world is near. I am also under the impression that Mother Nature is pissed off. What can we do to appease Mother Nature? What can we do to appease You..

Somehow, I doubt that You punish. I absolutely agree with Sookie Stackhouse when she said: God doesn't punish, He forgives..

I know You will keep them safe. I know You will. I know in my heart that You're just there. Please help them..